Everything starts here
So what is it?A combination of OpenSource projects, bundled with a user-friendly interface, to bring your integration tests in to the 21st Century.
As shown on the screenshot above, the framework will give you access to the following:
- Run Chart - historic availability of MyApp1
- Blame Chart - test(s) that have failed
- Frontends, Service and Backends - gives us a simple view of where the fault lies, and more importantly, which functionality has been impacted
What are the key benefits?
- Increased availability
- Improved productivity
- Reduced maintenance costs
Who will benefit?
How does it work?It's quite simple, we take our existing (or new) integration tests, add them to this framework and navigate to the monitor page. Sound simple? That's because it is!
Time for a test drive?Would you buy a car without test driving it? Even though nothing here is for sale, time still costs money, and for anyone to invest time and effort, it has to be worth it.
In order to show the power of "21st Century Integration Testing", a bundle with both the server and test cases is provided below. It enables you to test run it before deciding on setting up your own solution.
Please make sure you have the following products installed:
Java - http://www.java.com/getjava/
Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
The provided package is a fully functional three layered Bottom Up Testing, including SoapUI and Selenium tests. All code used to make this package, can be found on GitHub.
- Download https://github.com/downloads/dunse/try-it-out/21st%20Century%20Integration%20Testing.zip
- Unpack and run 1_startServer.bat (or 1_startServer.sh if you run *NIX)
This should automatically start the browser, if not you can access the monitor page at: http://localhost:18080/ShowMyTests/
- Run a test: 2_runTestSuite.bat (2_runTestSuite.sh)
Some tests are random, so run again to get different results...
Cuanto (the backend) can be accessed by http://localhost:18080/cuanto/
How do I get started?Step-by-step instructions on how to setup your own test server and add your own tests can be found here: http://dsysadm.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/getting-started-with-21st-century.html
You can now have your own system up and running in no time!